Dating historic houses
Some of the web versions of the Preservation Briefs differ somewhat from the printed versions.Many illustrations are new and in color; Captions are simplified and some complex charts are omitted.Such buildings embody ethnic traditions and local customs; they reflect changing farming practices and advances in building technology.
It is thought that the house was built around 1835 for John W.
Nunnely, the first occupant of the land upon which the house was located.
There are more questions than answers at this time relating to the true identity of the painter.
Hopefully further research will shed some light on the issue.
With the home in a poor state of repair and without a viable plan for its preservation on site, the Stencil House was moved to the Ames Plantation in 2002 as part of a plan to save the historic structure.
Incomplete archival records leave many questions about the home's past unanswered.
It is unlikely, however, that Eaton produced the painting himself.
Detailed inspection of the stencil work found in the Stencil House reveals small but significant deviations from Eaton’s work.
Not long afterward, possibly within a year or so, the log home was extensively renovated.
The walls were covered on the exterior with beaded poplar siding and the inside was modified to include a variety of wall coverings and decorative painting.
To order hard copies of the Briefs, see Printed Publications.Tags: Adult Dating, affair dating, sex dating